Saturday 18 November 2006

Nike- Swoosh

Modern, cool. Progressive, confident and to the point.
No grand mission statements, performance driven. Just do It.

In precise words, encouraging active participation in life.

However, this is a brand I am losing my connectivity with. On one hand I believe the shoes would be high performance, but on the other hand, I see Nike shoes in gold colour/ trying to attract a ‘teeny’ fashion conscious crowd not particularly interested in getting performance out of the brand.

Leaves me ambiguous… somewhat the Benetton story, where the coolness of the brand and advertising, stopped translating into product exclusivity and product performance.

Its no longer "just do it". The brand seems to be saying "just look like you want to do it".

I might just buy an Adidas, the next time around.

No comments: